Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday is here!

Man it's been a good week. Started out kinda shaky. Not sure if it was my hormones or what but I was a little teary for a few days. But I shook it off. We had a great rest of the week. Story time was Wednesday. Ben FINALLY did really good! Of course it was the last time we're meeting for a few weeks and spring story time will start up. But he got his own carpet square and sat by himself, he usually sits on my lap. He sang along to the songs! He followed along with all the activities! I was beaming with pride. I couldn't stop smiling. I was just so proud of him. He was finally comfortable and enjoyed himself. :)

We had plans to have a sleep-over at my mom's that night. So after nap we started on the drive out there. My sister had called to see when I was coming since they lock their doors and my mom wouldn't be home until 6:00... she said she would be there, but then called again RIGHT before we got there to tell me she went with her friend to go apply for job. Great Kelly. Good Job. Now what do we do?? We had about an hour to spare. Luckily the sun was shining so we drove over to the park, we drove around and looked at barns and cows, and then stopped uptown and had a doughnut. Ooooh yah. :)




James got home last night! And he brought me a super surprise! He bought me these great converses that I've been wanting for a while! Actually, I hadn't seen these before, gray with purple and green lining. Soooooo cute. But... he picked them out all by himself so they're the wrong size... lol, but I was able to exchange them at the Ann Arbor location. YAY! Ben got new shoes yesterday! Gotta love spring!! NEW SHOES!!
Even Blue likes them :)



James took my car when he went to Indiana, along with the mail keys! So first thing last night I dashed off to get the mail.. and WOO HOOO!!!! I got my etsy stuff!!!

I ordered a piece of vintage Mr.Men fabric from zwizzle

It's an odd shape, but I'm hoping I'll be able to cut it into perfect pieces and make a quilt from it.



I also ordered a stash of fabric pieces from beansupplies


I am so excited to finally put these together and make them into a quilt. Hopefully I can get my act together and finally learn how!!

At this point I have 3 quilts ready to be sewn. LOL!! That's a LOT when you don't know how to sew a quilt.

I also came across FleaMarket Style magazine while checking out some blogs online. I was going to order it right away, it looks so awesome. But after I got to the website I found out you can't order a subscription! I freaked out!! I tried to sign up to win a copy. But HA. Me? Win something?? Right... you have to have luck for that.

After my stop at the mail box last night I cruised over to Busch's to pick up a bottle of wine and some groceries and I thought, eh, I'll just look and see. AND THERE IT WAS! On the shelf in Busch's!!! I grabbed it and ran. Didn't even realize it was $9.99. Oops. I wouldn't normally pay that much for a magazine. ;)

Great week. Now it's Friday afternoon, the sun is shining once again. We had lunch with my mom today, did some last minute shopping for Brendan and Angie's baby shower tomorrow morning.

And you know, I think James and I actually needed that time apart. We are both so happy he's home ;)

Now.. time to enjoy the weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment