Monday, September 14, 2009

Surgery Day has come to a Close

Wow today was such a long day.

Up early, we woke Ben up so he could have his last drink, since he couldn't have anything after 7:30. So we kind of chilled and watched TV and took our time getting ready since we didn't need to be there until 9:45.

Everyone was really good at the hospital, no real complaints there.

Ben was nervous, like he always is at a doctor's appointment. I was nervous, which I KNOW wasn't helping, but I couldn't help it. They took us right back, pretty much, and after trying to get his vitals, blood pressure, etc, and getting no where with it, due to Ben's anxiety... .they gave him what the they said was going to be "Goofy Juice", Juice being the primary word here... Ben hadn't had anything in hours, so he was excited to get juice. No juice. Nasty medicine in a syringe. Greeeaaat. But we got it down, and maybe 5 minutes later Ben was Goofy. My mom and James thought it was pretty funny, slurring his words, wanting to play and blow bubbles, but he couldn't make his blower work... I was just crying. LOL. I couldn't keep it together. Seeing him like that was just breaking my heart. I hated it. He would start to fall asleep in my arms and then get up to try to play, but he wasn't able to. It was a little entertaining, but at the same time I just wanted things to get started and be over with already.

They took him back, he happily went with them.
Thank you Goofy Juice. I said they should change the name to "Stranger Juice" since he just willfully went with any stranger who asked. lol
They said it would be an hour.
It was longer.

I was pacing and pacing, it was one long drawn out anxiety attack.

Finally Dr.Wan came out and told us, and drew diagrams, it went fine.

He can't have any rambunctious play, (HA!) (He's going to be 2 in like 2 weeks!)
for

4 weeks!

No riding toys, no bath for 3 days, lots of Tylenol 3, poor poor baby.

The wound looks gruesome.

I'm still teary.

We may be closing on the house this Friday.

I just want to drink a few beers, eat some pizza, and go to bed now.
t

1 comment:

  1. It's over :) Now all the worrying and anxiety can be over, you can just try to keep him calm for a month (HA) and help him recover. Good luck with the house if it happens on Friday!!

    ReplyDelete