Sunday, November 1, 2009

November has arrived

I’ve been having a strange time lately. My ex-step-dad (uh huh) has been extremely nice to me. It’s been nice, but … strange.

He arranged for my brother, his friend Jake, my sister, (with my mom) to all come  over and help take care of a bunch of things around our house.

They broke up and removed the concrete in front of our front stair case. That took some muscles. Believe me, I tried to smash some up, it’s harder than it looks.

SDC13004 SDC13005 SDC13006

We also cut down the giant pine tree that was in front of our house. I liked that tree. I’m pretty sad. But I think it was the smartest decision to make. It was dangerous, or would become dangerous, covered in ice, and the larger it got.

SDC13007 

It came down very easily and was cut into pieces in no time.

SDC13008 SDC13010

My brother and I had matching butt holes today. LOL

SDC13011 

My mom brought over the dogs, and a new Diego truck for Ben. He had a good day. Luckily he woke up early, we had the time change, so he took an early nap before everyone got there.

SDC13015 SDC13018 SDC13019 SDC13025 SDC13026

We’re stilllllllllllll raking leaves. We have a lot more to go. James even broke out the leaf blower today. It didn’t go any faster. It was just easier. Raking is really hard!

SDC13029 

So, what do you think the insurance inspector would say now? LOL!

SDC13030 

We need to start planning on what we’re going to put in front of the house now! We can actually grow something with that tree gone. And we need to! It looks so bare! We’re going to install a picket fence in the spring. But we need some sort of bush or something in front there.

SDC13032 

I’m sure the village is going to be so happy when they come by to pick up “sticks and leaves” at our house! HA!

SDC13038SDC13034 SDC13035 SDC13037

2 comments:

  1. Holy balls that's a lot of work that got done this weekend!! The amount of leaves you have is ridiculous. But everything looks really nice. I personally think you should have a hydrangea bush in your front yard. They are good with acidic soil and shade. Oh, your house is so cute!! (So's spiderman Benny.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The exterior of your house is so cute. I love it. It will look great with a fence. =)

    ReplyDelete