Thursday, June 11, 2009

What do you do with radishes?

So we got our first bunch of vegetables from the CSA farm this week. It wasn't much, but it was enough to overwhelm us with a bunch of stuff we don't know how to cook, lol. We got a bunch of radishes, spinach, lettuce, leeks, and some eggs.





So I started looking for recipes for some ideas of what to do with this stuff. (Allrecipes.com)


Tonight we had

Creamy Potato Leek Soup



(The pictures are from the website, I didn't think to take picture of dinner)


With a Bean Sprout Spinach Salad


Minus the dressing on the website, James attempted to make it, but it had an egg in it, and it turned out weird, so we just put some ranch on it. Haha.



It was SOooooo good.



These pictures are from the other day, I was letting Ben take pictures, and we were taking a bunch of self-portraits, he thought it was pretty hilarious.





We found a bunch of View Master reel thingys at a garage sale last weekend, for 10 cents. We already had a View Master at home, but it only came with one reel. So it was exciting to see dinosaurs and sponge bob in there.


My mom bought him this Sponge Bob suitcase at a garage sale too. It's really fun. Now we have to take a vacation so Ben can pack some stuff up.






She also bought him these awesome (size 9, haha) Spiderman slippers. He thinks they're pretty awesome.






On another note, I downloaded a sweet virus onto my work computer. It's pretty scary looking. I'm still trying to finish this slideshow for James' family, and I have encountered every problem you could ever imagine. My next idea is to move all 4 gB over to Joan's computer and try to burn it from there. I feel so bad about the whole thing, I've been working on it for a month or something stupid now, it should really be done.

1 comment:

  1. CSA is so cool! But yeah, what do you do with radishes?? I totally thought you got creative with taking pics of your dinner! I shoulda known they were from the website :)

    ReplyDelete