Sunday, August 23, 2009

Just Another Weekend

Ben has started to "pull" me, when he wants me to go do something with him. He pulls my arm and does this growling like he's pulling reeeeallly hard. It's pretty funny.



Saturday we went to the Heritage Festival. It was cooler weather, it was actually nice to enjoy the day and not be sweating to death. We got to wear long sleeved shirts! I can't believe I'm not complaining about it, it seems like we had about a week of summer, but I really love fall.


It was just my mom, my sister, Ben and I. They had a toddler area with toys, and a petting zoo area. Ben really enjoyed the day. He was a really good boy. We heard lots of music, and before we left we got to sit and have a beer while Ben danced! It was fun. I always enjoy good people watching, and Ypsi is full of interesting characters to stare at.



There was another sad camel to ride. $5. This seems to be a new trend with fairs and festivals. I don't remember seeing a lot of camels when I was a kid. They seem really sad.


Yesterday I skipped out on a family dinner over at James' parents house. His parents are actually out of town, but his sister had her parents in town (gotta love complicated family situations) and they invited us over. James and Ben dropped me off at Dawn Treader downtown, I spent an hour in there, picked up 2 new books, then walked home. It only took me 35 minutes to walk home, I even stopped for a bottle of water. After I got home I took a bath and relaxed. I really enjoyed my day!



1 comment:

  1. We should've checked out the Heritage Fest, but sadly never made it over. Did you vote for Queen Allie?? Your day without the boys sounds great--I can't believe how much I love when I get a couple hours away from Ingrid and Brendan :)

    ReplyDelete