Sunday, August 30, 2009

Leslie Science Center is really awesome

Kelly has been visiting for a couple days. I want her to stay for the week, but my mom will (hopefully) need her support after Tuesday's court session...

So today we went over to the Leslie Science Center.

It's free, there's great trails to walk, they have rescued birds that you can see in cages. There wasn't any one else there, it was great weather, and a great day.

The owls are so cool. Ben calls them the HOo hoos.





Ben had a lot of fun walking the trails. He would cover up his eyes when we would go through weeds that covered the trails. It was really cute.


Here he is having a little rest on a bench.



We saw a couple butterflies that was really exciting. It was better than being at the zoo!






They must do some sort of a garden project for kids. It looks really fun. They have all different gardens, medicinal herb garden, a "pizza" garden, and then just individual gardens that kids grew themselves. Must be some sort of a community garden project to teach kids? I want to join, it looks so fun. I LOVED the 'Peter Rabbit' garden.

It even had Peter Rabbit's jacket and shoes that he left behind!


I got a lot of great ideas for my new yard :)

1 comment:

  1. Yea for gardening! It looks like fun there, I love the owls--ingrid calls them hoo hoos, too :)

    ReplyDelete